Being a parent is hard… being a parent of a child with emotional challenges can be overwhelming.
Parent Partners have been down this road – having children of their own who have struggled. They are very familiar with the educational, therapeutic, and social opportunities in Rockland County – and they have enormous faith in parents’ strengths and wisdom.
Here’s what a Parent Partner can do for you:
- Connect you to community resources
- Assist you in navigating systems
- Help with school meetings
- Share similar experiences
- Understand first-hand your family’s struggle
- Provide culturally competent services
- Share information
- Create partnerships between families and professionals
- Draft and coordinate a strength-based, family-driven plan with people involved in your child’s life
There is no fee.
For more information about Parent Partners, please call:
Family Peer Advocate Supervisor
845-267-2172, ext. 278
We are available Monday-Thursday 8:30am to 4:30pm